Saturday, December 18, 2010

SANTA





Owen was born four days after Christmas last year (2009) so it was weird to think that this was really his FIRST Christmas. So that meant meeting Santa for the first time too! It was kind of a last minute thing we decided to do one night, and when I saw all the other kids in line I thought "oh I probably could have dressed Owen up a little...oh well!" He did great and was more interested in the big chair than the cute old man with the white beard. However. this Santa wasn't very jolly. Actually he was silent the whole time Owen sat on his lap. I had a good laugh after thinking about the whole thing. Crazy parents trying to get their kid to smile, silent Santa awkwardly sitting there, and one oblivious little boy who had no clue what was going on. haha I am glad he did so well for his first time though. Ho Ho Ho!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Haha, that is a bit awkward. Owen looks so big! Brave kiddo, he didn't cray or freak out, way to go!

Rach said...

Owen is such a cutie!!

The Holt Family said...

Well good for u for taking Owen to see Santa! I have never done it which is so sad to say but I just can't picture myself standing in line with a 2 yr old who can't even stand still for a mili-second, haha!! maybe next year and holy heck Owen is getting so big!

Jennett said...

Owen is such a big boy now....he is so adorable! I love how he is looking at Santa so obliviously. And the cheerios on the bum, classic. Avarie doesn't let much collect in her seat - once she is done eating and I take her out of her chair, she immediately turns back to her seat to pick out the remnants of what she dropped. Silly.