Monday, June 28, 2010

4 Months...

I know that this is 2 months late, but I am just trying to update you all on Owen and his milestones. I wish I had been better about writing things down each time Owen did something exciting and new because now it's so much harder to just try and remember things off the top of my head, especially with a memory like mine.

Stats from his 4 month appointment...
Height--25 1/2inches (above average)
Weight--14.3 (average)

After his check-up I knew I was ready to start him on some rice cereal because I wanted to get him sleeping through the whole night and I thought maybe filling him up on more than just milk would do the trick. He actually did really well his first time and quickly became a pro at eating from a spoon!

Also, by this time Owen had been rolling over a little...meaning that he only would go from his tummy to his back and it didn't happen that often. I would always joke that he is just plain lazy and his mom would come get him if he got to upset with being on his tummy too long. Which sadly was very true! So up until about 2 weeks ago Owen really wasn't showing much interest in being mobile at all, but now he is rolling and scooting in circles all the time! Sometimes I miss not having to worry about putting him on the bed while I run to get something in fear that he may fall off, but I am glad that he has finally wanted to be a little more of a rollie-pollie these days :)

Here are some pictures of Owen trying out that rice cereal for the first time and then some of him in the awesome car stroller his Papa Dunn takes him for walks in.






5 comments:

Matt and Angelica said...

He is darling!

Jennett said...

Hooray! Love his goofy smiles :) That car is going to be the hot item this year at the reunion...can't wait to wrestle that stinker!

Anonymous said...

Owen melts my heart each time. He is the cutest little boy I have ever seen. Cross my heart, hope to die. I'm going to steal him in a week, I'm sorry. Prepare yourself.

Holly said...

I love him! Owen, you are so stinkin cute!

The Holt Family said...

Well it's hard for you to update when u get your sm card stuck in your computer!! I don't even know if it's stuck in there anymore, haha!! But i just love that little Owen boy! I'm glad I get to be around him for at least 2 1/2 more months!!