Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Next...Utah!

The day after Cory's Birthday I was on my way to Utah for my sister Jenna's Wedding!!! I wanted to get there a little early to help out with things before the big day, but little did I know that my trip was going to take much longer than planned to get there. Never again will I choose to stop in Chicago for a lay-over during the winter time! Thank-goodness my dad was there and could come and get me for the night. However, we only got 3 hours of sleep before having to get up and go back to the airport. To make a long story short there was more complications that made me look probably somewhat like a lunatic running through the O'Hare Airport with two bags of luggage and crying hysterically! But I had been traveling for over 112 hours straight by then with only 3 hours of sleep! But I did make it to Utah and hit the ground running with all that needed to be done before Saturday! The day I got there I had to make 140 truffles with my mom and sister's for the wedding favors and then help Jenna pack and move all her things to her new place. On Friday we got to have a little girl fun by going and getting pampered for the big event, followed by a bridal shower! It turned out really great with lots of food, friends, games, and gifts! Then the day had finally come and it was such an incredible Temple Marriage and Reception! I am so happy for Jenna and Bennett!!! Love you two so much!


THE BRIDE!
Madison givign Brooklin a pedicure! Love these girls!
Me and Brookie!


My Beautiful Sister-in-Law Amber! (can you believe she just had a baby!!)


Ooooh la la

Brooklin loves playing dress-up...and she thought these were some pretty dresses :)

It was so good to see good friends that live so far away from me!
(Michelle and Katie Shakespeare)

My Mal! Another great friend I haven't seen for awhile!

MR AND MRS


The Bridesmaids and Flower Girls

Cory with two little princesses!

C-Dawg and Linds-Dawg


After the craziness of the wedding had passed, it was time to just relax and hangout with the fam! Because we where all there for the wedding and it was so close to Christmas we were able to have mostly all of us there the spend it together! It gets really hard somedays being so far away from both mine and Cory's families that I cherish the time we have together! But I don't recommend spending Christmas in a hotel if you don't have to...its jsut not the same as being at home. But always the important part was being able to be with family!


All of us to eat! I miss all being together!


We had a very traditional Christmas Day Feast...at a Japanese Restuarant of cousre!

(Brooklin, Amber, Newest member - Baby Ella, Tyler, and Christian)(Rob, Madi, and Katie)


(Me, Cory, Dad and Mom)


My brother Tyler (the new dad!) with his lil angel Ella, and Brooklin admiring her new "baby doll" cousin


Christmas 2008 - First one as a married couple!

3 comments:

Holly said...

We both have sisters named Jenna, I just realized that:) I can't believe it took you so long to get there, oh my goodness, no wonder you were crying. I agree about not spending Christmas in a hotel, it just isn't the same, but you're right about cherishing the time you get with your family, that's the important part. I've spent a few Thanksgivings and Christmases in hotels and have eaten more than one holiday meal at not so traditional locations...lets just say they make for fun memories!

Jennett said...

moomoo! love all the new posts and pics - i was laughing so hard at the one with madi giving brook a pedicure!!! hahahaha classic. i love you and miss you so much!!

Mallory said...

I love all the pictures! I really like the one of me and you-- my how much time has passed since our days as 12-year-old girls going to mutual! I swear, it seems like your family has spent many a holiday travelling/in hotels, you guys are such troopers, but how FUN for all of you to be together. LOVE YOU!!!